Michael Gudenkauf is a German jazz musician.
Michael Gudenkauf first studied jazz guitar, later double bass at the Hanover University of Music and Drama.
He took lessons with numerous double bassists, including Christian McBride, John Patitucci, Dennis Irwin, Palle Daniellsson and Prof. Detlev Beier.
He has received many awards for his artistic work, including 1st prize at the Burghausen European Jazz Prize, was a participant in the Bundesjazzwerkstatt as well as the Bundesjazzorchester and received first prizes three times in a row as well as soloist prizes at the Lower Saxony competition "Winning Jazz".
He has performed in various formations at the Jazzfest Aalen, the Leverkusener Jazztage, the Burghauser Jazzfestival, the Fusion Festival, the Jazzfestival Konstanz, the Jazzfest München, Überjazz Hamburg and the Jazzwoche Hannover. He participated in CD productions/releases for Unit Records, Jardis Records, Konnex Records, A-Jazz, Starfish-Music and others, as well as TV productions in the context of Jazzwoche Burghausen for Bayrischer Rundfunk.
From 2015 - 2019 Michael Gudenkauf was director of the music school of the district of Cloppenburg, and since 2019 he has been director of the music school in Lohne. He is committed to equal opportunities for all children, high-quality education and good working conditions. He founded a supra-regional selection symphony orchestra in 2017.
Since 2018 Michael Gudenkauf runs a quartet with Jesse van Ruller and Christian Schoenefeldt together with Eike Wulfmeier. "Personality Standards VOL. 1" was released in February 2019.
Personality Standards VOL. 1
- Personality Standards VOL. 1, 2019
- Wyfenbeschyk – Oli Poppe Trio & Strings, 2018
- Godchild – Fette Hupe, 2015
- Niko Finke’s Bad Surprise, 2015
- Zwielicht – Oli Poppe Trio, 2013
- Die Großen Gefühle – Arne Pünter Band, 2013
- Tadgh’S Trip – Oli Poppe Trio, 2012
- When Night Is Almost Done – Anja Ritterbusch Quartett, 2010
- Kleinstadtgeschichten – Michael Gudenkauf’s Zweite Wahl, 2010
- Morphing – Jörn Marcussen-Wulff Quintett, 2009
- Schnittmengen – Rofalski/Gudenkauf, 2009
- Playground – Flindt’s Tones, 2007
- Here, There And Everywhere – Dirk Piezunka Quartett, 2007
Write a comment